Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thinking of Buying an Investment Property? Take This Class.

I don't usually put in plugs for classes or professionals--other than for myself, of course ;) -- but I want to highly recommend a class taught through Arlington County's Adult Education Program called "Landlording." I took this class a few years ago and it was an excellent overview of managing residential properties, tenant and landlord rights, and the Virginia Landlord Tenant Act. A must for anyone considering renting out their home, or buying an investment property.

There are two offerings, both on Monday nights from 6:30 to 9:30. The first is on Sept 22 and the other is Nov 17. Cost is $49 for Arlington residents and $60 for non-residents (and discounts for seniors). You can look at the catalog, and get details on registration, at the Arlington Adult Education site here.

Thinking of buying an investment property? I have some suggestions on neighborhoods that are great values right now, with even more long term potential. Contact me to discuss the pros and cons of owning investment property.

No comments: